Junior Analyst / Associate
Junior Analyst / Associate
The International REC Standard Foundation
‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position title in the subject line.
Date: November 1 , 2022
Closing date: December 19, 2022
Location: Flexible, able to frequently travel to s’ Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Contract: 32-40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Experience: 0-2 Years
EU work permit required
Start date: In discussion
Applications assessed on receipt
The application window may close early if the role is filled
Background of our organization
The International REC Standard Foundation (I-REC Standard Foundation) is a non-profit organization that provides a robust certification and Energy Attribute Certificate (EAC) Standard for use around the world. EACs are the instrument and foundation upon which national and international renewable energy markets are formed, allowing end-users, large and small, to claim the use of a specific product, for example, renewable electricity. The standard held by the I-REC Standard Foundation requires local stakeholders and government authorities to facilitate national implementation in adherence to local or national regulations. In coordination with Market Facilitators, who make use of the I-REC Standard, the organization has successfully implemented the Standard for electricity in more than fifty (50) non-European countries around the world and is known globally as a leader in the design, implementation, use, and functioning of certification and EAC markets. The cornerstone of the Foundation’s work is the belief that with the right implementation, demand-driven markets – based on well-defined and clearly governed standards – can be more efficient, dependable, and effective than traditional top-down markets in developing and growing sustainable solutions around the world.
The Junior Analyst (Associate) role consists of several tasks and activities that will require strong written and verbal communication skills. In this role, you will be managing the day-to-day activities of the Secretariat including providing timely responses to questions related to market development, implementation of the Standard, and use of various I-REC Standard Accredited markets. Other activities include organizing meetings for the I-REC Standard Board and other stakeholder groups, preparing documentation, supporting the development of meeting minutes, and collaborating with I-REC Standard stakeholders (national governments, environmental NGOs, large-scale electricity consumers, and others) to ensure there is a clear understanding of the implementation and use of certification and EAC schemes and the work of the I-REC Standard more broadly. You will frequently be required to give presentations, hold webinars, draft informative documentation, have video calls, and other manners of outward communication with stakeholders. As a result, you may be required to attend events (both within NL and internationally) and present the role of the I-REC Standard publicly in front of various audiences. It is, therefore, important that you are willing to learn about various market rules and be able to determine the correct role for I-REC Standard adherent Products in markets or regions around the world.
- A degree in a field related to Sustainability sciences, Energy sciences, or an Economic/ Financial Degree with an interest in energy markets and Corporate Sustainability Reporting (CSR).
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, speech) is essential; fluency in additional languages would be an advantage (particularly Spanish, Arabic, and French).
- An understanding of electricity markets and renewable technologies including the value proposition for renewables across the sector. Understanding the effects of renewables on power markets and grid operation would be an asset.
- A general understanding of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)/ Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs), Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 2 guidance, CDP, RE100, and SBTi would be an asset.
- A team player that is interested in working as part of a small team and taking on a variety of tasks ranging from tasks written above and assisting others with day-to-day tasks when needed.
- Comfortable with public speaking and willing to take the lead in webinars or in-person panels, as well as a capable communicator (in writing) aware of cultural nuances.
- Someone able to travel independently around the world and can network, cultivate contacts, and work effectively with stakeholders from many countries and cultures.
- Someone able to manage projects and meet ad-hoc demands simultaneously and set priorities.
- Someone who likes to stay up-to-date with relevant news and topics from around the world and understands that these international issues may affect your work.
Package and employer details
Priority is given to a Netherlands-based applicant as the office is in ‘s Hertogenbosch, Netherlands. Working remotely is supported, but we require someone to travel to the office several times per week.
The position offers a great atmosphere to work in while having a competitive salary with associated secondary benefits including retirement, paid holidays, and the opportunity for a bonus. There is significant flexibility in terms of hours worked and the location of work and there is an opportunity to travel.