•• Accredited Codes under the I-REC Standard
Providing detailed rules and regulations for specific geographic regions and energy carriers
The International REC Standard Foundation’s (I-REC Standard’s) International Attribute Tracking Standard (Standard) provides general principles and definitions for a robust attribute tracking mechanism. Underneath this overarching Standard, organizations can develop more detailed Product Code documents that set specific rules for specific regions or products such as electricity, gases, heating, cooling, or even non-energy products. These Codes can be developed independently of the I-REC Standard but must be reviewed and Accredited by the I-REC Standard to ensure consistency with the Standard. This allows a variety of products to be reliably tracked under one familiar and internationally recognized name: I-RECs.
Once accredited, the owner of a Code is known as a Code Manager. Code Managers can be for-profit organizations, non-profit organizations, or governmental bodies that see a need and opportunity to facilitate new markets. Having various code managers enables implementation by local national authorities while maintaining the adherence to robust tracking mechanisms in line with the Standard.
Accredited Codes under the I-REC Standard
The following are Product Codes currently Accredited, in the process of being Accredited, or in development.
- I-REC(E)for Electricity Product Code
- The I-REC(E) for Electricity Product Code, owned by I-REC Services Evident, is Accredited by the I-REC Standard Foundation, fully established in over 40 countries around the world, with an updated Product Code being published.
- For more information see I-REC Services/Evident’s website.
- I-REC for Carbon Dioxide Removal
- The I-REC Standard Foundation is pleased to announce the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Terrametric Solutions for the development of a Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) Attribute Tracking Certificate system called C-Capsule.
- For more information on Terrametric Solutions C-Capsules click here.
- For interest in learning more about C-capsules or how you can get involved, please contact the I-REC Standard Foundation Secretariat at email@example.com.
- I-REC(H) for Hydrogen is currently in discussion
- I-REC for BioGas in Brazil – in discussion