March 29 | Webinar: The role of Renewable Energy Certificates in pursuing energy sector decarbonisation in Egypt
Together with the I-REC Standard foundation and the EU-funded project “Support the technical and financial sustainability of the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors in Egypt,” the RES4Africa Foundation is organising a virtual event. This webinar will introduce and stimulate demand for the Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) to public and private stakeholders in Egypt and abroad.
The RES4Africa Foundation is geared towards promoting renewable energy sources in Africa as a means of empowering and strengthening African economies. The goal of RES4Africa is to facilitate a movement to scale-up energy transition and transformation. To support this, Egypt adopted the Certificate of Origin act in 2014. This was done as a way of demonstrating a genuine creation and use for electricity consumption for the certificate holder.
Date: March 29, 2021
Time: 10:00AM to 12:00PM (CET)
Registration: contact the I-REC Standard secretariat at email@example.com
- 10:00-10:10: Welcome: Dr. Ahmed ElBeltagui | Energy & Transport Sector Manager, EU Delegation Egypt, Dr. Eng. Mohamed Moussa Omran | Executive Chairman of the Egyptian Electricity Regulatory Authority, Eng. Karim Mahmoud | CEO Egyptian Gas Regulatory Authority
- 10:10-10:25: RES4Africa Foundation: Mr. Roberto Vigotti | Secretary General of RES4Africa Foundation
- 10:25-10:35: Expected Role of RE Certificate for the Development of Renewable Energy Market in Egypt: Dr. Hafez El Salmawy | Key Expert and Former Exec. Chairman EgyptERA
- 10:35-10:50: Perspectives from local stakeholders: Eng.Ahmed El Sewedy | President and CEO El Sewedy Electric, Dr. Alaa Ezz | Secretary General FEDCOC
- 10:50-11:05: Power Purchase Agreements and EU legislation: Mr. Adam White | Director at RECS International
- 11:05-11:20: Recent Developments of Renewable Energy Certificates in Europe: Mr. Marko Lehtovaara | Founder Grexel
- 11:20-11:35: Introducing the International REC Standard with an overview of activities in Egypt: Mr. Jared Braslawsky | Secretary General of IREC Standard Foundation
- 11:35-12:00: Questions and Answers Session