May 18| Webinar: Mechanisms to enhance renewable energy consumption in Central America
The International REC Standard Foundation, in collaboration with Merelec Group and Enerwire, organized a webinar (in Spanish) on how companies can achieve their clean energy goals using renewable energy certificates (RECs).
The Merelec Group is an energy trading, regulations, and digitization organization with a significant presence in Central America (from Mexico to Panama). Their focus is to promote the development of the electricity market through the purchase and sale of electricity and transmission rights in Central America.
Enerwire is a manufacturing company specialising in copper, aluminium, and bimetallic electrical conductors. Using renewable energy sources, Enerwire’s mission is to generate solutions for easier, more reliable, and environmentally friendly transport of electrical energy for residential, commercial, and industrial overhead lines and ground networks.
Date and time: Tuesday, 18th of May 2021, 09:00 hrs Central America (10:00 Mexico/Panama).
- 09:00 – 09:20: The I-REC Standard: 20 min
- 09:20 – 09:40: First certification case in El Salvador: 20 min
- 09:40 – 10:00: Q&A: 20 min
- Benjamin Herrera: regional director LATAM from the International REC Standard Foundation
- Carlos Chávez: vice president corporate finance from Merelec Group
- Rodrigo O’Byrne: CEO from Enerwire
Registration page: is no longer available.
Recording of this webinar: https://youtu.be/wR8y1iUwnjM